KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Plans the workload, staff and equipment requirements for the shift
- The inspection of fresh produce received as well as produce in stock
- Ensure adherence to product specifications
- Enforces correct product handling and wrapping procedures and ensures correct date coding
- Follows up on product availability throughout the shift
- Communicates all product related problems
- Train staff to carry out their functions.
- Organizes the availability of equipment
- Complies with / enforces the requirements of the OHS Act
- Manages staff performance according to the disciplinary code
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION
- Product Knowledge: Ability to identify fresh produce types
- Literacy: The ability to read production lists, record stock details and the scheduling of production
- Computer: Basic knowledge (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, SAP)
- Numeracy: The ability to conduct intermediate mathematics
- Communication: Candidates must be able to talk clearly and fluently with staff and management so that instructions are clearly understood.
- Planning: The ability to plan and organise activities so that all operational requirements are met. Controlling activities requires dealing with discipline and poor performance. Candidates must understand and be able to implement the necessary disciplinary actions.